Some of the links in this post might be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
DIY Gingerbread Sugar Scrub Cubes – Perfect for you or them!
Festive Sugar Scrub Cubes
One of the most popular DIY beauty products these days are definitely sugar scrubs. They are perfect to make and keep for yourself or to make as Christmas or Birthday gifts for friends!
These are super affordable to make and can be packaged adorably in a mason jar with a festive ribbon or even a small holiday cookie tin! With Christmas coming in just a couple short weeks, this is the perfect recipe for those last-minute gifts for family or co-workers!
These particular cubes are perfect for the season as we are using gingerbread molds to make them extra fun! Feel free to get creative with your shapes for sugar scrubs, they are so versatile!
Utilizing sugar scrub cubes rather than just your traditional sugar scrub allows you to get more bang for your buck. You can hold the cube in your hand while using it and not worry about opening and closing a container while trying to get just the right amount of sugar scrub!
Sugar scrubs are a lifesaver during these cold, dry winter months when our skin can be extra dry and dull. Utilizing these sugar scrub cubes not only exfoliates your skin, leaving it shining and revitalized, these ingredients also lock in immense moisture, keeping your skin smooth post-scrub
Gingerbread Holiday Sugar Scrub Cubes
Recipe yields 10-12 cubes
Wilton silicone gingerbread mold
1 cup brown sugar – packed
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup shea butter soap base (4 cubes)
1/4 cup sweet almond oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or soap scent)
5-6 drops Vitamin E oil
You may also like: 41+ Ways to Survive Christmas Without the Stress
1. Add the brown sugar and spices to a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
2. Place the shea butter soap cubes in a microwave safe bowl (I used a Pyrex measuring cup) and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or until completely melted. Remove from microwave and stir.
3. Add the almond oil, vanilla extract and Vitamin E oil and stir to mix.
You may also like: Grinch Christmas Craft Kids Will Love
4. Add the melted soap to the brown sugar and stir quickly to incorporate. The mixture will harden quickly so you will want to transfer to the gingerbread molds right away.
5. Fill to the top of each mold and be sure to press down firmly to pack the mix into each mold.
6. Freeze for one hour and gently pop the sugar scrubs out of each mold. Store in an airtight container.
You may also like: DIY Grinch Christmas Slime
How To Use Sugar Scrub Cubes:
1. Bring 1-2 gingerbread sugar scrub cubes with you to your bath or shower.
2. Use the cubes instead of a sugar scrub and apply all over wet skin. The sugar will exfoliate and the almond oil and shea butter will soften and moisturize your skin. Enjoy the sweet aroma of gingerbread!
Other Sugar Scrub Recipes: