Some of the links in this post might be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Does Christmas make you as happy and full of magic as it does our family? There is something about this time of year that just makes each and every day seem so full of cheer and joy! If your family is anything like ours, you love indulging in tons of Christmas movies, Christmas cookies, and Christmas crafts! This Grinch Christmas craft for kids is such a fun way to celebrate the season! Plus, with the release of the newest Grinch movie (we LOVED it), it’s the perfect Christmas craft to tackle after a day at the movies!
The supplies needed for this are so minimal that it’s an incredibly affordable little activity but doubles as an adorable piece of Christmas decor! Hopefully, you enjoy trying this Grinch Christmas craft out as much as we enjoyed making it!
Related: Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas
Supplies for How The Grinch Stole Christmas Craft:
2. Red Yarn
3. Green Yarn
Grinch Christmas Craft Instructions:
1. Twist a pipe cleaner into a heart shape. As you can see, I thought I had red ones at home, but I didn’t. If you don’t have a red one, you can wrap the yarn around the pipe cleaner to turn it red, but it is much easier to just start with a red one!
2. Once your heart is created (or wrapped), crisscross the red yarn back and forth all around the heart to fill it in. Tie the end to the pipe cleaner to complete.
3. Lay your embroidery hoop flat on your counter. Set the heart to where you want. I wanted mine slightly off centered.
Related: Holly Jolly Christmas Cupcakes
4. Using the green yarn, tie one end to the embroidery hoop and one end to the edge of the heart.
5. Tie three more green pieces of yarn on each side of the heart to kind of anchor it in place.
6. Start weaving a piece of green yarn from the hoop, weaving it through the edge of the heart and back around the embroidery hoop until the green has filled in all of the space.
7. Take a long piece of green yarn, and wrap around the edges of the embroidery hoop to cover the wood.
Once you have fully covered your embroidery hoop, your Grinch Christmas Craft is complete! This is an adorable and easy craft to make with kids. It is nearly impossible to mess it up and can be customized to fit your liking!
Related: DIY Christmas Grinch Slime
Have you seen the new 2018 Grinch movie yet? What did you think?! Share your thoughts in the comments!
You May Also Like: