In our house, Slime is a big deal. This Grinch slime happens to be a family favorite! We use to buy those little slime kits that included everything you needed to make various slimes.
As a busy mom, I always thought that would be the easiest route but I was wrong! Slime kits just don’t seem to make the same great results that we have found we get with homemade, customizable, slime recipes!
One of our favorite times of the year is Christmas so of course, we have to create themed slimes during the holiday season! Making slime is a fun and super easy Christmas activity for kids! This is our favorite Christmas slime we have tried!
We all feel a little bit “Grinch-like” once in a while so it’s not hard to relate to the grumpy attitude. We just love the message that the movie teaches, about accepting love and friendship into our hearts! We practice this at home regularly with these positive affirmations for kids constantly being said!
There may be affiliate links in this article. You can read more about this in my disclosure.
This Grinch slime is so gorgeous, so much fun to play with, and best of all, so easy to make!
Need a fun Christmas treat? These Brownie Cupcakes with Peppermint Bark are perfect!
The Grinch Slime
Just a few side notes before we start!
- Containers: These are what I find work the best! The price is just right and they fit the slime from this recipe perfectly.
- Heart Charm: You can likely find one you like at any craft store but if not, or if you just prefer to make it easy, these ones work great!
Related: Elf on the Shelf Ideas
Ingredients for Christmas Slime:
- 1 Airtight Container (like these)
- 1 5 Oz bottle of Elmer’s Clear Glue
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Contact Solution
- Green Food Coloring
- Green Glitter (LOTS of this is my suggestion!)
- Red Heart Charm
- Small Bowl
Related: Simple Christmas Cake Batter Dip
Instructions to make Grinch Slime:
1. Measure your 5 ounces of glue and pour the entire amount into a bowl.
2. Add 1 half of a cup of water to the glue.
3. Add 1 drop of green food coloring to the mixture and stir well. Then add 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda and stir.
4. (My Favorite step) Mix in LOTS of Glitter. When you think it’s enough, add more to your Christmas slime!
5. Add in 1 tablespoon of the contact solution. Once added, your slime will instantly begin to firm up and become slime.
6. At this point, your slime WILL be sticky. It’s okay, just keep stirring your mixture until your slime really starts to form well.
Then, begin kneading your slime by hand until it is no longer sticky.
7. Add in your heart charm and enjoy your beautiful Grinch Christmas Slime!
Related: Grinch Heart Craft
Hopefully, you enjoy making this slime just as much as we did! It’s a fantastic craft to get ready for the holidays. Our favorite crafts are ones that teach us about science while also producing results that double as fun toys!
If you are looking for even more ideas, check out these cool slime recipes from Mommy Enlightened! Here’s to hoping your Christmas season is filled with love, happiness, and all the joy of the who’s down in Who-Ville!
“And what happened then? Well, in Whoville they say that the Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day. And then the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of ten Grinches plus two. “
What is your family’s favorite slime recipe? Is there one you find works perfectly every time? Share it with us in the comments below!