Vapormax footwear provides you with so much comfort while you go for your daily run. You have become so infatuated with the shoes you wear for all occasions.
Now they are looking a little soiled. A hint of regret and guilt surfaces as you look at your dirty shoes.
Wipe that frown off your face, because you are about to discover how you can give your Vapormax shoes a scrub. Maybe you have most of the ingredients already lying around your home.
Read on to learn how to clean your beloved shoes no matter what they are made out of.
- Things you need
- Shoe Tree
- Dye-Free Detergent
- Cleaning your Vapormax shoes
- Can I clean my Vapormax in a washing machine?
- So bright and clean
There may be affiliate links in this article. You can read more about this in my disclosure.
Things you need
Before you commence with your cleaning, some items are required.
- Shoe tree
- Brush that has both soft and hard bristles
- Warm water
- Microfiber cloth
- Dye-free detergent
There could be several items that you may have to go out and purchase such as the shoe tree, brush, and dye-free cleaner. You can head over to Amazon to grab these.
Here are our recommendations.
If you have both males and females in your household, getting a unisex shoe tree is the best way to go.
Ambran’s Shoe Tree
This plastic shoe tree can be adjusted. It supports men’s US sizes from 6-12 and women’s US sizes 7-11.
The metal arm won’t damage the plastic. You can use it to help with the cleaning of your shoes as well as maintaining the shape of your sneakers.
FootFitter Unisex Compact Shoe Trees
Keep your shoes in top condition with this shoe tree, It is constructed from hardy cedarwood with a spring tension arm. Designed for use with US men’s sizes 7-13 and women’s US sizes 6-10.
Use the wrong brush and your shoes will not forgive you for the mistake. That is why you need to be careful with this aspect of cleaning.
You could buy two brushes, one hard and one soft. However, wouldn’t a two-in-one or even three-in-one brushes make the cleaning job so much easier?
We thought so, too.
Pink Miracle Multi-Purpose Shoe Cleaning Brush
Multi-purpose. Such a great word.
This brush is truly that with its soft, medium, and hard bristles. You can use it on your shoes, upholstery, carpet, and laundry.
Use the soft bristles on the fabric of your shoes and the hard bristles to clean the soles,
Sneaker Cleaner Brush/Cleaning Brush by KlenBlu
Made with sneakers in mind, so your Vapormax shoes will look brand new. Use the shorter bristles on the harder shoe surfaces.
The shorter bristles provide a softer touch to the shoe uppers and other delicate areas.
There is nothing worse than discoloring your shoes while cleaning. A dye-free cleaner will help you restore the brightness of your shoe without adding unwanted color.
Botanical Origin Plant-based Laundry Detergent
This detergent is 67% USDA bio-based. Heavily fortified with enzymes, even the hardest of stains will be eliminated.
Being hypoallergenic as well as dermatologically tested, the detergent is great for those who have sensitive skin.
ECOS® Hypoallergenic Laundry Detergent
Another plant-based detergent that uses coconut as its base. The detergent has been certified as safe by the US EPA.
You get two bottles, so there is no concern about running out in a hurry.
Cleaning your Vapormax shoes
Having got your cleaning kit organized, its time to start the process of washing your Vapormax sneakers.
- Remove the laces and set them aside for later cleaning. Leaving the laces in the shoe just makes the process harder.
- Insert your shoe tree into the sneaker. Test the tension of the surface of the shoe. You want it to be as hard as possible for an efficient clean.
- Pour some of your dye-free cleaner into a bowl of warm water and mix. You can stir the solution using the soft bristles of your brush.
- Though the cleaner is dye-free, you still want to make sure you aren’t going to taint your shoes. Test the solution on an inconspicuous part of your Vapormax.
- Feeling satisfied with the initial patch test, proceed to clean the rest of the shoe. Using circular motions brush (with the soft bristles) the solution all over the upper.
- Go back over the upper with the harder bristles to scrub away any inground stains. For the harder bristles use the medium-strength ones (if your brush has this capability). Make sure that you aren’t putting too much pressure on the shoe when cleaning.
- If the stains remain after the scrub, you can use a microfibre cloth to buff them away. Dip a corner of the cloth into your solution and then rub at the stain.
- It’s time to clean the bottom of the shoe. Dip the hard bristles into your cleaning solution and then brush away the dirt. Keep going until you are satisfied with the result.
- The shoe laces are next. Place them in your solution and then rub them between your hands. Squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Once you have finished cleaning your shoes and laces, set everything aside to air dry.
Can I clean my Vapormax in a washing machine?
If you have knitted or off-white styled Vapormax sneakers, it is possible to put them in a washing machine. However, proceed with caution.
If you feel the material is too thin to stand up to a machine wash, then handwash the shoes instead.
Remove the laces first.
Put your sneakers in a laundry bag. Make sure that the soles are touching and in opposite directions (just like when they are placed in the box in the shoe shop).
Wash the shoes on a normal cycle with cold water. Use dye-free and alcohol-free detergent.
The brands we listed earlier are perfect for this job.
Another method employing the washing machine is to put the shoes in a pillow case (if you don’t have a laundry bag). Tie the case closed so the shoes don’t fall out during the wash.
Wash the Vapormax using a delicate cycle.
No matter which method you go with, let the shoes air dry after the wash.
So bright and clean
Your Vapormax shoes may be looking a little on the soiled side, but there is hope. You can rejuvenate the shoes with a good clean.
Handwashing them allows you to control the process better than if you put them through a wash cycle. Yet, it’s okay to put them through the washing machine.
Take care of your sneakers and they’ll take care of you.
Last update on 2023-06-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API