Snickers Cookies are one of the most delicious and easy cookie recipes you will ever find! They are soft, chocolaty, and a major fan favorite! We love to make them for family gatherings or to toss in the football bag for the boys after practices!
These would also be an awesome cookie to make for a Thanksgiving dessert or even a Christmas cookie swap! We love cookie swaps and these would be perfect alongside our Holly Wreath cookies!
There may be affiliate links in this article. You can read more about this in my disclosure.
Your New Favorite Snickers Cookies Recipe
Since these Snickers Cookies are filled with mini snickers candy bars, it is probably best that you make them for a crowd that loves the delicious caramel and nut flavors of snickers!
The best part about making this snickers cookie recipe is that you can be in charge of how much (or how little) candy you add. For some, the more ooey gooey chocolate in their cookies the better.
For others, just a few bites of chocolate to compliment the cookie flavor is ideal. Know your crowd to make the perfect cookie for them!
Studies Show: Cookies = Happiness
Okay, maybe there aren’t actual studies done on this, but I wouldn’t doubt it if there are! Haven’t you ever walked into a kitchen where fresh cookies were just baked and smelled that amazingly delicious smell that just can’t be faked?
Especially around the holidays, cookies seem to bring us all together. I know I LOVE to bake but even for those who aren’t fans of the kitchen, this recipe truly is easy enough for anyone to make! Some snickers bars, chocolate chips, brown sugar, and a few other items and you’re in!
If you love easy recipes, this Caramel Apple Bread Pudding is another one that is going to wow your socks off!
Cookies With Snickers? Yes Please
I remember growing up and my mom combining all over our favorite things to make different recipes.
For instance, I really loved Mac and Cheese as a kid (still do!) and was a huge fan of her homemade meatballs. She used those loves of mine to create a delicious homemade macaroni and cheese that featured her homemade meatballs, on a smaller scale!
This is an awesome way to create new recipe ideas, especially if you have a picky eater at home. Find some of their absolute favorite things and create a new recipe using them! It’s almost guaranteed even the pickiest of eaters will love it if it’s made from THEIR favorite ingredients.
Candy, Cookies, Combine!
This is the basic principle with recipes like these Snickers Cookies. Most, not all but most, people love a nice chewy homemade cookie. Now, find out their favorite chocolate candy.
Kit kat lover? Butterfinger maybe? Create a specialized candy cookie recipe based completely off of that specific person’s taste!
Now, while you could just make the most basic cookie dough possible and toss in some mini snickers, I promise you that this recipe is FAR superior. There is really a ton of flavor jam-packed into these cookies.
Snickers Cookies Ingredients
These cookies start with the basic cookie dough ingredients you are used to.
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Soda
But then, we add the special touches that set these cookies apart from all of the rest!
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Caramel baking bits
- Chopped peanuts
- Mini Snickers bars
Can I Use Full Size Snickers Chocolate Bars?
Sure, you can certainly use the full size Snickers to make these cookies. The reason that we choose to use the mini bars is because there is an ease of use to it.
Realistically, you could use the fun size Snickers bars, which are a bit bigger than the minis, and cut them into multiple pieces. I have also placed chunks of full size Snickers into my Ninja Chopper before and just given them 1-2 good seconds of chopping action. This will get you a chopped version, rather than keeping them as halves like we did for this recipe.
Tips to Make Snickers Cookies
For the full, step by step instructions for making these delicious Snickers cookies, there is a super handy (and printable!) recipe card down below. Before you get to that, I am going to share some of the best tips for making these cookies.
- Recipes tell you to preheat the oven for a reason, and it isn’t just to drive up your gas/electric bill! Cookies bake best in an oven that is PRE-heated!
- The instructions are going to tell you to beat in half of the flour first, instead of dumping it all at once. You may think dumping it all at once will save you time but nope, I promise it is a recipe for disaster. Just take your time, especially when adding in the flour!
- I use to ALWAYS struggle trying to scoop and shape room-temperature dough. The second my hands would touch a dough ball, it was more like cake batter. To combat this, throw your prepared dough, mixing bowl and all, in the fridge for 20 minutes or freezer for 5-10. This will give it enough “hardness” to handle and will help it take the perfect shape while baking!
- If you don’t let your cookies chill out on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, there is a HIGH probability of them crumbling apart when you try to move them. Patience is a virtue…. and makes for better cookies!
If you love the idea of a warm melty cookie recipe for the fall, but it doesn’t fit into your diet, you might really love this list of Keto desserts!
Snickers Cookies are the most delicious cookies for the chocolate lover in your life. They are perfect for friends, family, Thanksgiving, or even Christmas!
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 caramel baking bits
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 24 mini Snickers bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and shortening until combined. Add the brown sugar, white sugar, and baking soda. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add half the flour and beat to combine. Stir in the remaining flour until mixed.
- Add the chocolate chips, caramel baking bits and chopped peanuts. Stir until mixed.
- Scoop dough by rounded tablespoon and place each ball on the lined baking sheet, leaving three to four inches between each cookie.
- Cut mini Snickers bars in half and press each half into the top of one dough ball.
- Bake for eight minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for five minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 184Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 15mgSodium 70mgCarbohydrates 22gNet Carbohydrates 21gFiber 1gSugar 15gProtein 3g