This Pizza Dip is the most deliciously cheesy pizza recipe you will try! You can ditch the traditional pizza with a crust and choose this dip filled with pepperoni, cheese, and sauce instead!
Our family loves making pizza dip for football watch parties, family game nights, or even just a quick and simple dinner! There are so many ways that you can serve this layered pizza dip that make it a great option for any crowd.
There may be affiliate links in this article. You can read more about this in my disclosure.
Why Pizza Dip?
You know that feeling when you pick up a piece of pizza and the cheese slides right off? That’s a nightmare, obviously because the cheese is most of our favorite part! This pepperoni pizza dip recipe makes it so easy to get all that gooey cheesy goodness without filling up on crust!
This recipe is always a hit at parties, especially when served with multiple dipping options! You can use little crostini breads, chips, crackers, or even bake your own pizza crust and cut it into squares!
One of the best parts of this easy pizza dip, aside from being so easy to make, is that you can easily customize it to your particular crowd! Whether you have family or friends that like pepperoni or sausage, you can please any group. We happen to love any and all appetizers with pepperoni, but you can make your own choices!
We have added black olives, bacon, green peppers, and so many other toppings! Have fun and be creative when making this. Anything that you love on your pizza is going to go perfectly atop this cheesy pizza dip recipe!
Pizza Dip with Cream Cheese
Just this past weekend we spent some time with family visiting, and of course, eating! Every now and then we decide to get together and have a “dip party”. Essentially, everyone brings a couple of their favorite dips. This way, no one has to cook any large meal and we have quite a variety of snacking options!
Bringing this pizza dip was the right choice for my family, evidently! They could not get enough of this and asked me for the recipe almost immediately. While they believed I had spent some exorbitant amount of time on this dip, it was literally a simple 5 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to cook!
What’s in This Dip?
The ingredients in this recipe are ones that I tend to have on hand at home, making this so simple to toss together! You only need a few items and, of course, any extra toppings you choose!
- 8 oz bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 7 oz pizza sauce
- 5 oz bag of mini pepperoni
- Italian bread, chips, crackers, etc for dipping
Of course, the amount of things you put in or leave out when it comes to this recipe are completely at your discretion. The same goes with what types of ingredients above you choose. I certainly change up the cheese often!
For me, I am from St. Louis, the land of the “St. Louis style pizza”. The only thing that truly makes our pizza much different than others is our cheese that was invented in St. Louis.
It’s called provel and is like a pizza/pasta lovers version of velveeta. It melts like a dream. If you see it, buy it!
How Do You Make Pizza Dip?
You know those recipes that are so easy we hesitate to call them recipes? You know the ones, they consist of “toss it in a bowl and stir”? This one is pretty dang close to being that simple. You do have to use more than one dish, ideally, and you do have to bake this but not for long!
- Preheat your oven to 350. Then you want to pour your mozzarella (or cheese of choice) into a large mixing bowl but make sure you save some to top your dish.
2. Next, you’ll add your softened cream cheese to the mix bowl. If you forgot to set it out in advance, you can microwave it for 5-7 seconds!
3. Add in a little over half of your mini pepperoni. You will want to save the remainder for the top of your dip.
4. Pour your pizza sauce into the mixing bowl.
5. Mix everything together well, being careful not to tear apart your pepperoni.
6. Transfer your mixture to a greased baking dish.
7. Top this with the rest of your shredded cheese and pepperonis.
8. Place dish in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until your cheese is bubbly and pepperoni look crisp on the edges.
While this is an excellent recipe to make for parties or game days, I’ll be honest with you guys. I have definitely relied on this easy dish as a fast and effortless dinner option. No one ever sneezes at the suggestion of pizza for dinner and this just happens to leave out the crust!
Whatever occasion you make this for, you’re going to love it. I’d love to hear how it went over with your family!
Easy and Delicious Homemade Pizza Dip
This easy pizza dip is the deliciously cheesy recipe you have been waiting for! Make pizza night new again with this crustless pizza dip!
- 8 oz Shredded Mozzarella
- 4 oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 7 oz Pizza Sauce
- 5 oz bag of Mini Pepperoni
- Italian bread, crostini, chips, crackers, etc.
- Pour slightly over half of the mozzarella cheese into a large mixing bowl. Set the rest aside for topping.
- Add softened cream cheese to bowl.
- Add in your mini pepperoni. Save some for the top of your dip.
- Pour pizza sauce into mixture and combine. Stir mixture well until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour dip into an 8x8 baking dish.
- Cover the top with your remaining shredded cheese.
- Place remaining pepperoni on top of cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 142Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 26mgSodium 292mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 7g