Some of the links in this post might be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Cereal Valentines + FREE Printable Cards
Every year in schools all over the country kids are going to be exchanging cute Valentines with their classmates. More often than not, these cute Valentines will have a small piece of candy attached to them. There are a million reasons to give kids something other than the usual suckers or chocolates attached to their Valentines this year…
- Nutritional value
- Candy is overdone
… and the list goes on. Making adorable and “punny” cards are one of the best parts of sending your kids with a more DIY-style Valentine this year! These Cereal Valentines are the absolute best of both worlds.
Related: Red Velvet Donuts
They cancel out the need for that overdone, cavity-causing candy (leave it for Halloween, folks), and leave room for creativity! Aside from that, I think it’s fantastic to teach our kids, from a young age, that they should think outside of the box.
- Individual Cereal Bags/Boxes (whatever your store carries)
- Printable Valentines Cards (the ones below or create your own!)
- A hole punch
- Double sided tape
Related: Unique School Valentine Cards
These cereal valentines are incredibly easy to put together once you have all of your supplies! I suggest you cut out your Valentine cards beforehand so that they are readily available and easy to grab! I also like to sort my cereals into groups by type and stack the cards up next to the cereals they go with, but maybe I am just overly-organized like that!
Cereal Valentines – Instructions
1. As mentioned above, cut out your Valentine cards printed from below or that you made yourself!
2. Using your hole punch, make a hole in the center, near the top of each card.
3. On the back of each Valentine, place a small piece of double-sided tape. This will help to keep the card in place on top of the cereal.
4. Now take your yarn and cut a piece, about an arm’s length. String it through the hole of one of your cards. Wrap this piece of yarn around your card, until you’re out of yarn, and tie it in a knot!
Related: Valentine’s Day Monster Cupcakes
Cereal Valentines Printable Tags
Here is a list of the cereals we used for this Valentine idea as well as which printable tags go best with each! Of course, some of these can easily be mixed and matched to different cereals, as you prefer!
Cheerios – You Bring Cheer To My Day!
Cocoa Puffs – I’m Cuckoo For You!
Frosted Cheerios – Cheers To A Great Friend!
Golden Grahams – Our Friendship is Golden!
Honey Nut Cheerios – BEE Mine!
Lucky Charms – I’m So Lucky To Have You As A Friend!
Trix – No Trix, You’re A Great Friend!
Other – I’m Cereal’sly Glad We Are Friends!
Your kids will not only love putting these together, but I also guarantee their teachers and friends will be so impressed by the unique idea. Make this a new Valentine’s Day tradition, and try to top the creativity from this year, next year!