Heart Rolls – The Perfect Sweetheart Breakfast
There may be affiliate links in this article. You can read more about this in my disclosure.
Are you looking for an easy to make Valentine’s Day treat for the family? In our house, we love it when we find a simple recipe to create during any holiday. These cinnamon heart rolls are a simple and delicious way to enjoy Valentine’s Day.
Related: Red Velvet Donuts
The best way to make these into giant heart rolls is to pick up the large Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls. You can find these at your local grocery store in the cold food section.
While this is a simple and delicious recipe for a Valentine’s Day treat, the process of unrolling and folding the dough to stay together for baking into a heart shape is probably the most complicated part of these rolls.
Heart Rolls Made With Love
Spending time in the kitchen together is a wonderful way to bond with your children during any day of the year, but especially so during Valentine’s Day. This is the holiday that’s all about love and nothing quite says I love you like baking together.
Once the Cinnamon Rolls have been baked and cooled off you can gather your kids around a table with the cinnamon rolls frosting that comes with your rolls and the Valentine sprinkles to decorate their big, beautiful heart rolls.
While you can enjoy these heart rolls any time of the year, it’s an especially sweet treat for breakfast on Valentine’s Day. These cinnamon heart rolls don’t take very long to make and create loads of fun with sprinkles for the entire family.
Feel free to use food coloring in the cinnamon rolls frosting to make the frosting a pink or purple color in celebration of Valentine’s Day.
Tips for Making Heart Rolls
It’s best to make sure your oven is completely preheated before you place the dough in your oven to ensure the best baking conditions possible. This will ensure your dough stays put in the heart shape position.
Related: Valentine’s Day Monster Cupcake
Be sure to get a nonstick baking pan or cover the pan with aluminum foil so that your dough doesn’t stick to the pan, creating a mess and ruining your heart shaped cinnamon rolls.
Food coloring can be purchased at your local grocery store in the baking aisle or herb section. Food coloring is available in a variety of colors, and you can mix two colors to create a magical color option to surprise your kids.
Wilton brand has some fun sprinkles that work well as Valentine Sprinkles for these cinnamon heart rolls.
One of the perks of making these heart rolls for your Valentine’s day breakfast is how few ingredients are needed! Aside from the cinnamon rolls, the only other thing you need to have on hand is sprinkles!
• 1 Can Cinnamon Rolls (Make sure you can roll them out. Most store brands and the large Pillsbury Grands for giant hearts)
• Valentine Sprinkles
Related: Unique School Valentine Cards
1. Unroll your Cinnamon Rolls.
2. Take both corners of your Cinnamon Rolls and start rolling them to the middle. Once you reach the middle, pinch the bottom to make a point. Make sure to pinch together really good so the dough stays together when baking.
3. Pre-Heat the oven to 400 degrees and cook for 8-10 minutes. The Cinnamon Rolls cook rather quickly when rolled like a heart, so keep an eye of them!
4. Once your Cinnamon Rolls have finished baking and have fully cooled. You don’t want your kiddos burning their precious hands! It’s time to start frosting the Valentine Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls.
5. Take those sprinkles and sprinkle away!!!
6. Serve & Enjoy!
Even More Ideas
If you love this Valentine’s Day treat, check out some of these other delicious options from around the internet!